The bail process can be daunting. This is why we have provided some helpful information for someone to consider before posting bail for the first time. If you have any questions about bail bonds or concerns about a defendant, always contact a licensed bail bonds agency to discuss your options moving forward.
The professionals at A Heaven Sent Bail Bonds are available and more than happy to address any of your questions or concerns 24 hours a day seven days a week.
What Do I Need to Know When I Speak With A Bondsman?
- the name of the facility where the defendant is being detained (the more information, the better, i.e., the city the jail is located in)
- the amount of the bail (if you don’t know the bail amount, your bail agent can ask for it when they call the jail and will then be able to tell you the total cost of posting bond)
- the full name, date of birth and booking number of the detainee (your bondsman can access the booking number if you are unable to attain it before speaking with them)
What Are The Ways You Can Post Bond?
- licensed bail bonds agencies such as A Heaven Sent Bail Bonds
- post the full amount of the bail in cash
- the court may grant your release on your own recognizance (OR bond)
- you can put up collateral (jewelry, real estate, bonds, credit cards, etc.)
Are Defendants Allowed to Travel Out of the State They are Awaiting Trial In?
- the defendant MUST get written approval from the bond agency in order to leave the state
- if the court has explicitly advised you to remain in the state of your arrest, you MUST seek written permission from the court as well (the court may deny your request)
What Happens if the Defendant “skips bail?”
- the defendant is considered a fugitive
- a warrant for the defendant’s arrest will be issued
- the total amount of the bond is forfeited to the court
- bail recovery agents or bounty hunters will attempt to bring the defendant back to jail
To get answers to your bail bonds FAQs in Sarasota and Bradenton and throughout Florida, contact the bail bonds specialists at A Heaven Sent Bail Bonds.